Our Vision and Values.
We see ourselves as part of a growing, global community of organizations and individuals dedicated to environmental sustainability. In an ongoing effort to do our part, we are guided by the following commitments:
- We are committed to preserving and protecting the environment and considering the environmental impact of our actions in everything we do.
- We are committed to the triple bottom line of people, planet and prosperity, recognizing that long-term economic viability is paramount to driving social change and transformation.
- We are committed to an environment that supports our employees’ personal and work-related efforts to reduce waste, conserve resources and recycle.
- We recognize that our supply chain plays a crucial role in helping BBMG live our values and reduce our environmental impact. We are committed to being conscious consumers and supporting local and values-driven businesses.
- We are committed to the journey–to seeking out more sustainable alternatives, to improving our practices and sharing our stories and experiences as appropriate.
Living Our Values.
At BBMG, we believe that when we align our values with our actions, great things can happen. That’s why we created BBMG/green in July 2007, an internal working group dedicated to formalizing, monitoring and improving our agency’s sustainability practices. As you might imagine, most of our impact stems from travel and running our studios.
Here’s what we’ve accomplished so far:
- BBMG worked with LOHAS to co-create “Eve of Sustainability,” an annual awareness-raising party on the night before Earth Day.
- To help share best practices and support business case-making, we recently co-produced the “Branding for Sustainability” workshops with our friends at SustainAbility and ODE Magazine.
- To support accelerating emerging sustainable enterprises, we partnered with Sustainable Industries to launch the BBMG Collective Prize.
- BBMG is an incandescent-free agency; we use only fluorescent and halogen lighting.
- Our website is hosted by FatCow, which uses 100% renewable energy to power bbmg.com and related agency websites.
- For client travel, it’s company policy to use public transportation whenever possible.
- If car travel is absolutely necessary, we strongly prefer hybrid vehicles from Zipcar, Green Cabs or Ozocars.
- We take trains before planes.
- All BBMG collateral is printed on FSC-certified recycled paper using vegetable ink whenever possible.
- Nearly all of our paper-based office supplies range from 30% to 100% post consumer recycled. Copy paper and file folders are always 100% post consumer recycled.
- We print double-sided as much as professionally possible, especially when printing internal drafts.
- In 2007, we transitioned to 100% recycled presentation boards for our artwork.
- We give strong preference to FSC-certified printers and prefer to work with smaller, local shops that share our environmental values.
- The majority of our office furniture comes from reclaimed or ethically sourced materials and/or socially responsible vendors.
- BBMG uses only non-toxic, plant-based cleaning products.
- We stock our kitchens with farmer’s market produce and fair trade and organic snacks, coffees and tea.
- BBMG supports quarterly battery and electronics recycling days.
- We participate in Xerox’s toner and ink recycling program.
- All acceptable paper, plastic and aluminum waste is recycled.
- In 2007, BBMG began purchasing tree offsets for our non-recycled paper use.